Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Harris County

  •   State: 
    Texas
      County: 
    Harris County
      Zips: 
    77411
    77225
    77248
    77249
    77253
    77261
    77268
    77290
    77299
    77315
    77413
    77263
    77279
    77387
    77208
    77217
    77220
    77221
    77228
    77237
    77241
    77243
    77254
    77275
    77287
    77293
    77337
    77572
    77206
    77207
    77213
    77240
    77244
    77265
    77267
    77271
    77413
    77001
    77052
    77201
    77234
    77236
    77245
    77259
    77263
    77273
    77289
    77391
    77210
    77215
    77224
    77229
    77231
    77235
    77242
    77256
    77501
    77508
    77592
    77402
    77233
    77270
    77230
    77272
    77279
    77387
    77252
    77280
    77218
    77282
    77258
    77266
    77277
    77292
    77347
    77571
    77522
    77227
    77257
    77491
    77284
    77005
    77269
    77219
    77041
    77383
    77339
    77345
    77389
    77410
    77029
    77065
    77325
    77251
    77379
    77375
    77586
    77050
    77204
    77346
    77078
    77040
    77059
    77507
    77547
    77085
    77562
    77048
    77345
    77339
    77447
    77336
    77051
    77012
    77033
    77094
    77013
    77062
    77031
    77044
    77038
    77016
    77071
    77028
    77389
    77049
    77026
    77047
    77067
    77586
    77088
    77010
    77068
    77503
    77046
    77506
    77011
    77035
    77061
    77045
    77587
    77075
    77076
    77039
    77003
    77532
    77091
    77021
    77023
    77073
    77014
    77089
    77020
    77086
    77037
    77502
    77377
    77530
    77504
    77017
    77066
    77096
    77346
    77536
    77396
    77029
    77493
    77022
    77069
    77093
    77505
    77083
    77373
    77025
    77009
    77034
    77080
    77388
    77099
    77082
    77064
    77520
    77087
    77019
    77571
    77095
    77032
    77015
    77065
    77449
    77072
    77005
    77018
    77090
    77433
    77054
    77339
    77004
    77043
    77521
    77081
    77006
    77058
    77401
    77060
    77598
    77077
    77375
    77040
    77379
    77450
    77063
    77429
    77079
    77338
    77007
    77055
    77084
    77074
    77042
    77008
    77041
    77092
    77098
    77070
    77027
    77024
    77036
    77057
    77056
    77030
    77002
      Coordinates: 
    29.857282936366232, -95.39231647099237
      Area total: 
    1777.49 sq. mi., 4603.67 sq. km, 1137591.04 acres
      Area land: 
    1706.15 sq. mi., 4418.91 sq. km, 1091936.64 acres
      Area water: 
    71.34 sq. mi., 184.76 sq. km, 45654.40 acres
      Established: 
    1836
      Capital seat: 

    Houston
    Address: 1001 Preston St Ofc Main
    Downtown Main Office
    Houston, TX 77002-1839
    Governing Body: Commisioners Court with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Harris County, Texas, United States

  •   Population: 
    4,731,145; Population change: 15.61% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    2,772 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $50,955
      Households: 
    1,403,532
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.90% per 2,292,759 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $380.95 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Harris County's population of Texas of 359,328 residents in 1930 has increased 13,17-fold to 4,731,145 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.81% female residents and 50.19% male residents live in as of 2020, 57.69% in Harris County, Texas are married and the remaining 42.31% are single population.

    As of 2020, 57.69% in Harris County, Texas are married and the remaining 42.31% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    1,842,683 residential units of which 91.86% share occupied residential units.

    30.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Harris County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    75.60% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.28% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 3.96% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.44% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Harris County, Texas 50.81% are owner-occupied homes, another 39.39% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.80% are vacant.

  • The 48.52% of the population in Harris County, Texas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 48.820%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 50.450%) of those eligible to vote in Harris County, Texas.

Skyline of Harris County

In 51 U.S. states are published

6004 Companies
1783 Counties
3583 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

St. Francis Xavier Church

532 17th St, Windom, MN 56101

H R Delaney Ministries

2718 Mechanics Ave, Savannah, GA 31404

Original Glorious Church

427 Kaighns Ave, Camden, NJ 08103

North Cove Church of God

14698 US-221, Marion, NC 28752

Gordon Road Church of God

10613 Gordon Rd, Spotsylvania Courthouse, VA 22553

Other Companies

Faith Breathes Faith

3312 White Plains Rd, Bronx, NY 10467

Fairlawn Church of God

7858 Peppers Ferry Blvd, Fairlawn, VA 24141

Ephesians Mennonite Church

128 W 16th St, New York, NY 10011

Our Lady of Guadalupe Church Hall

337 Tremont St, Chula Vista, CA 91911

Valley View Church

2000 Talladega Hwy, Sylacauga, AL 35150

Landscape of Texas